2008 Mercury Sable Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Mercury Sable
- my 2008 mercury sable power steering rack failed after only 20,000 mile and sinc
- Going uphill the engine bucks or coughs mostly at highway speeds
- What Does it mean when wrench icon indicator is showing & why cruuse control went off
- What does it mean, wrench indicator is showing & cruise control went out, why
- why is my digital odometer,tripometer,fuel mileage gage keep going out or blank?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2008 Mercury Sable Problems
The magnet for the camshaft position sensor may fall out of its mount and damage the synchronizers. This causes long crank times when starting the engine and may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. If this happens, both the magnets and the synchronizers need to be replaced.
Chafing of the jounce bumper against the strut rod and / or rubbing of the dust boot against the strut mount cup can cause popping, squeaking, and noisy sounds from front wheel areas while driving. Lubricate the jounce bumper (bump stop), strut rod, and boot with dielectric grease fix this concern.
The electric trunk latch solenoid can get stuck in the open position making it so the trunk will not latch closed. The diagnosing technician should verify correct electrical connection at the solenoid and check for correct cable routing. The trunk latch most commonly will need to be replaced.
2008 Mercury Sable Questions
my 2008 mercury sable power steering rack failed after only 20,000 mile and since the car at the time was over 3yrs old ford would not stand behind it and it cost me $1600.00 now a year later and a total of 32,000 mile the power steering pump went and once again the only thing that ford is offer ...
Problem happens off and on for the last couple days now.
2008 Mercury Sable Reviews
Why would a Torque Converter fail when the car had less than 83,000 mils
i have a 2008 sable it just started jumping in first gear only when i pull off from da light it the transmission or a o2 senor
One of the best cars I have ever owned. 180000 miles and other than brake pad being replaced never had to touch a thing. Luxury ride and great interior. I cannot say enough about this cars quality.