2004 Mercury Sable Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Mercury Sable
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Mercury Sable Problems
The engine oil pan gasket can develop a leak. Leaking oil may accumulate on the exhaust system resulting in a burning smell. Replacing the gasket should correct this leak.
The magnet for the camshaft position sensor may fall out of its mount and damage the synchronizers. This causes long crank times when starting the engine and may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. If this happens, both the magnets and the synchronizers need to be replaced.
2004 Mercury Sable Questions
2004 merc sable wagon fuel problems, replaced the fuel pump ran great a few days and now it wont stay running. Starts up revs up fine then dies from fuel starvation, don't know the correct fuel pressure or what to do if it is low. have a family of 5 and on a strict budget, need help please.
just replaced fuel pump car ran great for a few days then stalls with more gas pedal, will start up and run fine for 30 sec then dies. guessing it could be control mod but cant find it and still just a guess.
2004 Mercury Sable Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 2004 Taurus, Thunderbird, and Mercury Sable vehicles due to an inadequate weld on the front seats. In a collision, the seat may not perform as designed, which could result in injury. Dealers will replace the upper support assembly on the power seats.
2004 Mercury Sable Reviews
love the car
Finally selling this one, something is wrong with the A/C and its not a recharge, Needs a new timing belt, I'm at 93K Miles. Has been for the most part a reliable car since purchases brand new.
I bought 2004 mercury sable LS premium 24v dohc in 2010 the car had 23700 miles now I have 69850 miles a year after purchase replace ignition coil in #1 cylinder other than that has been a good car.If i find another mercury sable LS v6 24-v dohc I will purchase it!!!