2004 Mercury Sable Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Mercury Sable
- Got a thermostat put on my 1997 mercury sable and car started knocking once engine gets hot and oil starts coming on after driving..and theres no oil leaks..
- my engine is making a ticking noise. It started out like a little chirping noise
- I just changed plugs and wires, now the car doesn't start?
- charging light keeps coming & staying on but altinator is charging well
- Transmission will not engage into any gear. It will shift but won't move.
2004 Mercury Sable Problems
The engine oil pan gasket can develop a leak. Leaking oil may accumulate on the exhaust system resulting in a burning smell. Replacing the gasket should correct this leak.
The magnet for the camshaft position sensor may fall out of its mount and damage the synchronizers. This causes long crank times when starting the engine and may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. If this happens, both the magnets and the synchronizers need to be replaced.
2004 Mercury Sable Questions
2004 Mercury Sable Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 2004 Taurus, Thunderbird, and Mercury Sable vehicles due to an inadequate weld on the front seats. In a collision, the seat may not perform as designed, which could result in injury. Dealers will replace the upper support assembly on the power seats.
2004 Mercury Sable Reviews
love the car
I bought 2004 mercury sable LS premium 24v dohc in 2010 the car had 23700 miles now I have 69850 miles a year after purchase replace ignition coil in #1 cylinder other than that has been a good car.If i find another mercury sable LS v6 24-v dohc I will purchase it!!!
Finally selling this one, something is wrong with the A/C and its not a recharge, Needs a new timing belt, I'm at 93K Miles. Has been for the most part a reliable car since purchases brand new.