2001 Mercury Sable Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Mercury Sable
- where is the vent solenoid valve and purge canister located
- car keeps shuting down after it gets warm
- Loud roar coming from air intake when starting engine &if hold the rpms at 2000
- Rattling inside front right wheel struts been replaced Have not greased swaybar
- leaking radiator fluid, seems to be coming from the resevoir?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2001 Mercury Sable Problems
The engine oil pan gasket can develop a leak. Leaking oil may accumulate on the exhaust system resulting in a burning smell. Replacing the gasket should correct this leak.
If you experience difficulty starting the engine when cold, stalling at idle, or hesitations during acceleration, it may be the idle air bypass valve. This valve helps the vehicle idle steady when the accelerator pedal is not pressed.
The magnet for the camshaft position sensor may fall out of its mount and damage the synchronizers. This causes long crank times when starting the engine and may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. If this happens, both the magnets and the synchronizers need to be replaced.
2001 Mercury Sable Questions
driving down the road after bot 5 6 miles car shuts off and will not start wait ten minutes then it starts again
2001 mercury sable with DOHC 3.0 engine
2001 Mercury Sable Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1999-2001 Taurus and Mercury Sable vehicles sold in cold weather states to inspect the coil springs. When corroded, coil springs may fracture, causing damage to tires and a possible loss of vehicle control. Dealers will install a special shield to alleviate the problem. Additional warranty coverage is also extended on the coil springs for 10 years or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Ford has recalled certain 2000-2004 Taurus and Mercury Sable vehicles for possible malfunctioning of the brake light switch, which may cause brake lights to stick on, or not come on at all. Also, the driver may not be able to shift out of "Park" and the battery could discharge. Dealers will replace the brake light switch and the wiring connector mounted to it.
Ford has recalled certain 2000-2003 Taurus and Mercury Sable vehicles for an issue with the adjustable accelerator and brake pedal assembly. The pedals are too close to each other, causing unintended pedal selection errors and possibly an accident. Dealers will check for appropriate spacing between pedals, and if it is found to be insufficient, they will adjust it to the correct specification.