1995 Mercury Sable Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1995 Mercury Sable
- power door locks dont work. changed circuit breaker, windows work, pwr seat dont
- What Would Cause My Car to Not Turn Off? Disengaging Neg Battery & Pulling Fuse
- how do you keep water from getting into headlight
- Engine just dies when it is cold.
- door lock not working, pulled lock out rod was off, how does rod stay on cylinde
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1995 Mercury Sable Problems
The engine oil pan gasket can develop a leak. Leaking oil may accumulate on the exhaust system resulting in a burning smell. Replacing the gasket should correct this leak.
If you experience difficulty starting the engine when cold, stalling at idle, or hesitations during acceleration, it may be the idle air bypass valve. This valve helps the vehicle idle steady when the accelerator pedal is not pressed.
The magnet for the camshaft position sensor may fall out of its mount and damage the synchronizers. This causes long crank times when starting the engine and may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. If this happens, both the magnets and the synchronizers need to be replaced.
1995 Mercury Sable Questions
Recently, My Car Wouldn't Start and So I Replaced Ignition Cylinder (it would spin around) but Car Still Wouldn't Start. Replaced Battery without Success and Had My Car Looked at. Ended Up Being the Starter. Car Ran Fine for About a Month and a Half Then Upon Returning Home Late One Night...
water is getting into headlight causing bulb to go out
During the winter months, the Sable will start up fine in the morning but as you drive it to work or school, the engine just dies. If you pull over it starts up again, but it will continue to die depending how far you are going. A mechanic told me to just let the car warm up for about an hour bef...
1995 Mercury Sable Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1986-1995 Taurus and Mercury Sable models and 1988-1994 Lincoln Continental models in high corrosion, cold weather states because the rear subframe mount plate nuts may corrode and fail, causing the subframe to drop. If the subframe drops, loss of vehicle control and functionality can occur. Dealers will install subframe rear mount bolts, reinforcement plates, and plate nuts.
1995 Mercury Sable Reviews
I HAVE A 95 sABLE WITH A 3.0 MOTOR. THE HEAD GASKET BLOW, SO i REPLACED THE HEAD GASKETS, BUT NOW i CAN,T GET THE VAVLE COVER GASKETS TO STOP LEAKING, I,VE BEEN THROUGH TWO SET SO FAR AND THEY STILL LEAK,THE COVER ARE NOT BENT I,M AT MY WITS END. GOT ANY IDEALS