1994 Mercury Sable Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Mercury Sable
- when put in drive it wont move unless u floor it to high rpms. almost everything
- Driving down road i lose power but engine doesn't die & I slow to a stop. shut off and restart engine. Car does fine for 2 - 3 miles then problem happens again. What might be causing this?
- Driving down road, car loses power engine doesn't die What would cause this
- why does it shake horribly off and on while driving or while at a red light?
- 94 mercury sable want crank,,relay box mounted on the hood keeps rapid clicking
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1994 Mercury Sable Problems
If you experience difficulty starting the engine when cold, stalling at idle, or hesitations during acceleration, it may be the idle air bypass valve. This valve helps the vehicle idle steady when the accelerator pedal is not pressed.
Worn motor mounts can cause the motor to rise during acceleration, causing a clunking noise and possibly damaging the AC hoses. Damage to the AC hoses can cause a loss refrigerant resulting in no cold air from the AC. The motor mount will need to be replaced prior to repairing the damaged hose or the problem will continue.
White smoke coming from the exhaust could indicate that a head gasket has blown or there is a cracked cylinder head. Our technicians tell us that removal and inspection of the cylinder heads will be required to confirm a crack is present.
1994 Mercury Sable Questions
has been done. the only thing i have not done is the air bypass valve n a tranny flush/filter.
After losing power, I have to stop the car. I turn engine off then back on. It works okay for another few miles then the same thing happens. what might be causing this?
1994 Mercury Sable Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1986-1995 Taurus and Mercury Sable models and 1988-1994 Lincoln Continental models in high corrosion, cold weather states because the rear subframe mount plate nuts may corrode and fail, causing the subframe to drop. If the subframe drops, loss of vehicle control and functionality can occur. Dealers will install subframe rear mount bolts, reinforcement plates, and plate nuts.
Ford has recalled certain 1993-1994 Taurus, Mercury Sable, Lincoln Continental, and Lincoln Mark VII vehicles for a concern with the headlight switch. The headlight switch may cause the headlights to flash as a result of an internal issue. Dealers will replace the headlight switch and the wiring harness if necessary.
Ford has recalled certain 1991-1995 Taurus and Mercury Sable models equipped with the 3.8L V6 and 1991-1994 Continental models for an issue with the speed control cable. In cold weather states, the speed control cable could freeze. This could cause the accelerator cable to stick. To deter moisture and ice build-up, dealers will add a rubber boot to the speed control cable.
1994 Mercury Sable Reviews
I PURCHASED MY 1994 SABLE IN APRIL OF 1994. I AM STILL DRIVING IT WITH VERY LITTLE PROBLEMS. IT IS NOW 18 YEARS OLD AND STILL RUNNING WELL. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS CAR.
The car is great if Ford will fix the problems that the car came with when they produced these cars. The 3.8L engine have bad head gaskets and they go out because of the engine design. They should still fix this problem. The transmission is another issue that Ford never fixed. Slips due to some cylinder inside of transmission. The A/C unit was poorly designed so it will not hold a A/C charge...