1998 Mercury Mystique Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Mercury Mystique
- where is the vehicle speed senser located on this vehicle it has v6 2.5 5spd
- No power throttle unresponsive in gear,dies,flashing overdrive light,
- no power to fuel pump
- how do you bleed the coolant system on a 1998 mercury mystique 2.0 l
- Driving down the road and the car stopped running and would not restart
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1998 Mercury Mystique Problems
The Check Engine Light can illuminate with codes due to the lack of EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) flow caused. This is commonly a result of a clogged passage in the intake manifold. To correct this problem, the EGR valve has to be removed and the passage cleaned thoroughly. Partial restriction of this passage can cause smog test failures for the NOx emissions without causing a drivability symptom.alternator fuse at the firewall commonly shorts out; the shorted fuse could be mistaken for a bad alternator.
The Check Engine Light can illuminate with codes due to the lack of EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) flow caused. This is commonly a result of a clogged passage in the intake manifold. To correct this problem, the EGR valve has to be removed and the passage cleaned thoroughly. Partial restriction of this passage can cause smog test failures for the NOx emissions without causing a drivability symptom.
1998 Mercury Mystique Questions
Replaced fuel filter,air filter,M.A.S.,pcv filter in air box,cleaned idle control valve,new computer with update flash(car acts the same with no check engine light),change oil and with proper oil filter,recharged air conditioning system,flushed transmission and transmission cooler. Checked transm...
Car has been sitting for 5 years or so. I drained tank, filled with new gas & changed filter. Fuse, inertia switch, & relay are good. Car starts while spraying starting fluid into air intake. Checked fuel pump wires; no power when ignition is on; but it does get power when I remove relay ...
i changed thermostat it runs hot and heater not working it worked before i flushed the heater core lines
1998 Mercury Mystique Recalls
1998 Mercury Mystique Reviews
my mystique has 94,000 miles on it and my only problem so far an overheating problem, other then that im currently doing alot of preventive maintance based on reviews i have read online.
At almost 300K miles, and considerable labor and parts over the last two years, it seems this car is trying to stay on the road...but my local repair shop(s) isn't(aren't) giving me much help. Three days before the last heater hose blew up (literally), I had taken my car to the shop to investigate anti-freeze leaks, only to be told that it needed a head gasket and they would be unwilling to do...
I bought this car 4 years ago and put over $5,000 in repairs. 1 month ago had another repair two times egr valves replaced, and the check engine light is still on. I hate this car, and would not recommend it to anyone. Another lemon I got stuck with. Now I will not pass inspection. The mechanics that worked on it put the car on the computor and they cant figure out what it is. any ideas someone