1997 Mercury Mystique Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Mercury Mystique
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1997 Mercury Mystique Problems
The Check Engine Light can illuminate with codes due to the lack of EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) flow caused. This is commonly a result of a clogged passage in the intake manifold. To correct this problem, the EGR valve has to be removed and the passage cleaned thoroughly. Partial restriction of this passage can cause smog test failures for the NOx emissions without causing a drivability symptom.
Transmission problems are common in this model, often as a result of a failed front pump. The pump loses its ability to create hydraulic pressure, which an automatic transmission needs to function. A sign of front pump failure can be a whine type noise.
1997 Mercury Mystique Questions
flashers turned on causes brake lights to work only turn signals still not operating nor are the flashers flashing turn off flashers northing works
ok so my fiancee and I thawed out the lines using space heaters and a tarp and then a whole lot of brownish red fluid came gushing out from somewhere under the car, what could the problem be?
Haveing trans problems. When I start the engine, I let it warm up for 1 min. Then I put it in drive, will not move forward or backwards.
After a few mins it moves. It only does this when it is cold.
1997 Mercury Mystique Recalls
1997 Mercury Mystique Reviews
We have over 200,000 miles on ours and she still runs great. Put in a used trans with 60,000 miles and a new clutch/flywheel at about 180,000. That's it. Great car.
1997 was the year for this car. A V-6 with a manual trans. With nearing 600,000 miles this is still the best car every. This has been a work-car since new,it has been used as an SCCA Autocross car since 2000. Sure the water pump failed on que, the electric wires cooked after the recall date, but I can get 41MPG when I really try.True the check engine light stay on and the A/C stopped working ye...