1996 Mercury Mystique Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mercury Mystique
- do you need to remove engine to replace timing belt
- why do i have oil halfway up plug
- Was going to plug & found oil halfway up plug-what would cause this
- I just replaced my mass air sensor and now with it in there the car is stalling
- 1996 mercury mystique purge valve is bad and can not find a relacement part?
1996 Mercury Mystique Problems
The Check Engine Light can illuminate with codes due to the lack of EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) flow caused. This is commonly a result of a clogged passage in the intake manifold. To correct this problem, the EGR valve has to be removed and the passage cleaned thoroughly. Partial restriction of this passage can cause smog test failures for the NOx emissions without causing a drivability symptom.alternator fuse at the firewall commonly shorts out; the shorted fuse could be mistaken for a bad alternator.
1996 Mercury Mystique Questions
temp gauge went to hot& back to normal ,car shut of while driving. turned over but would not start.pulled plug wire & found oil halfway up two plugs. what would cause this?
Found oil halfway up plug when i was going to pull one out. iwhat. would cause this?