2007 Mercury Mountaineer Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Mercury Mountaineer
- how to replace broken spare tire cable (one from bumper)
- What is causing Passenger side A/C to blow hot then cold?
- front power outlet rear power outlet line in outlet stop work replaced fuse21&25
- the car is squeaking real loud,
- whats this the RSC when it says --service engine RSC now and were is it located
2007 Mercury Mountaineer Problems
A failed heater blend door or actuator can cause the temperature control for the HVAC system to stop working. A clicking sound from the dash area would commonly indicate an actuator fault. If the heater gets stuck on the hottest setting, the heater blend door may be broken requiring replacement of the heater box to repair the issue.
The rear wiper may stop working. This could be due to a rear wiper motor that has failed requiring replacement.
Our technicians tell us the spark plugs in this engine can be very difficult to remove. Ford has issued a service bulletin (08-7-6) to address this issue, which includes a recommended procedure on how to remove the plugs. Failure to follow the recommended procedure can result in the one or more spark plugs breaking off in the cylinder head.
The recommend procedure is as follows. Using this procedure will greatly reduce the chance of breaking a spark plug.
1. Break the spark plugs loose when the engine is warm.
2. Turn each plug 1/8 to 1/4 turn and soak the treads with 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of Motorcraft Carburetor Tune-Up Cleaner or a quality penetrating oil. Do not try to remove the plugs at this time.
3. Let the threads soak for at least 15 minutes.
4. After the soak period, tighten and loosen each spark plug, working it back and forth until the turning effort is reduced. Then, you can remove the spark plug.
There are special tools available to remove the broken spark plugs and repair shops will often charge additional labor time, over and above the quoted spark plug replacement cost, for the removal of each broken spark plug.
2007 Mercury Mountaineer Questions
cable broke in half from bumper to lowering mech. , spare tire is in place, how to fix
When driving with A/C on, driver's side always blows cold. Passenger side blows cold, then hot, then cold again. A squeaking is heard while this is happening.
fuse replacement didn't work fuses were not butnt out but replaced anyway