2001 Mercury Mountaineer Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Mercury Mountaineer
- How do I fix my rear hatch window so it will stay closed?
- 2002mercury mountaineer bypassed both heater cores water leak.
- 2002 mercury mountaineer. how can I bypass rear heater core.
- 2002 mercury mountaineer.water fm radiator leaks above spare tire in back.rear
- I have the codes for my check engine light, p0430.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2001 Mercury Mountaineer Problems
A failed heater blend door or actuator can cause the temperature control for the HVAC system to stop working. A clicking sound from the dash area would commonly indicate an actuator fault. If the heater gets stuck on the hottest setting, the heater blend door may be broken requiring replacement of the heater box to repair the issue.
The rear wiper may stop working. This could be due to a rear wiper motor that has failed requiring replacement.
2001 Mercury Mountaineer Questions
Whenever I try to close the rear hatch window it will not stay shut. I have to slam it hard about 5 or 6 times in order for it to latch. What would cause this and how can I fix this?
whats the problem,how much to fix.
do I need the rear heater core in order to drive the vehicle
2001 Mercury Mountaineer Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1998-2002 Explorer, Explorer Sport Trac, and Mercury Mountaineer vehicles for an issue with the driver's seat recliner mechanism. The upper bolt that attaches the recliner mechanism to the seat back frame could fracture. If this happens, the seat back could fall backward and disrupt the driver, possibly causing an accident. Dealers will replace the upper bolt and, on some vehicles, replace a lower bolt as well.
Ford has recalled certain 1999-2001 Explorer, Explorer Sport Trac, and Mercury Mountaineer vehicles for a possible binding speed control cable. If the cable binds, throttle return could be affected, causing a sticking accelerator. Dealers will inspect the cable and replace it if necessary.