2000 Mercury Mountaineer Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Mercury Mountaineer
- My front drivers side wheel is broken and tilts inward on the top of the wheel. It was making a grinding noise when I turned and eventually got really bad while driving. It did all of this within 3 days and maybe miles originally i thought it was the bear
- WHAT DOES AIR LIGHT SWITCH OFF MESSAGE MEAN AND WHERE DO I FIND THIS SWITCH?
- My 2000 mountaineer runs rough. It starts fine and runs awhile till the idle kicks down then it runs rough and then shuts off and wont start. It used to shut off when coming to a stop without no notice. Changed lots of parts already.
- Will the truck turn over if the coil pack is bad?
- Why wont car start after replacing battery, starter, and starter/relay?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2000 Mercury Mountaineer Problems
A failed heater blend door or actuator can cause the temperature control for the HVAC system to stop working. A clicking sound from the dash area would commonly indicate an actuator fault. If the heater gets stuck on the hottest setting, the heater blend door may be broken requiring replacement of the heater box to repair the issue.
The rear wiper may stop working. This could be due to a rear wiper motor that has failed requiring replacement.
2000 Mercury Mountaineer Questions
I now think its the half shaft the wheel looks partially broke off. Maybe a combo of the wheel bearing half shaft broken tie rod end ball joint. I'm lost it progressed really fast for a wheel bearing and didn't really crunch or wobble like a tie rod end. Any advise would be great or an es...
I changed all o2 sensors, cam position sensor, fuel filter, air cleaner, plugs and wires, fuel pump was changed 4yrs ago. Don't know what it is. Check engine light isn't on.
2000 Mercury Mountaineer Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1998-2002 Explorer, Explorer Sport Trac, and Mercury Mountaineer vehicles for an issue with the driver's seat recliner mechanism. The upper bolt that attaches the recliner mechanism to the seat back frame could fracture. If this happens, the seat back could fall backward and disrupt the driver, possibly causing an accident. Dealers will replace the upper bolt and, on some vehicles, replace a lower bolt as well.
Ford has recalled certain 1999-2001 Explorer, Explorer Sport Trac, and Mercury Mountaineer vehicles for a possible binding speed control cable. If the cable binds, throttle return could be affected, causing a sticking accelerator. Dealers will inspect the cable and replace it if necessary.
2000 Mercury Mountaineer Reviews
We bought this 2000 Mercury Mountaineer V6 brand new. It has 73000 original miles. We had some trouble with the radio over the years and it has been replaced twice free of charge. Had to replace radiator at 64000 miles. Overall we have been extremely satisfied.
Original owner of 2000 Mercury Mountaineer with Monterey trim (clone to Ford Explorer Eddie Buaer model. Overall, we've been pleased with SUV - however it goes through front brakes about every 2 years and AC performance has been spotty of late. We have the 5.0 L V-8 engine and average 16 mpg around town and 22+ mpg on long trips. The Mountaineer is built on truck platform so ride is a bit stiff...
I have the Lenendary 2000 mercury mountaineer.I have 125000 on this thing. It just dont quit.This is my old truck , i have a new one .But i just love this thing going to keep it.only thing that goes out on them is the light in the radio, and it did.Its a all wheel dr. with a 302 v8 . ill fix the raido and it will be like new again.always kept in the garage and oil changed ever 3000 miles.My Mec...