2000 Mercury Mountaineer Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Mercury Mountaineer
- what is largest tire size I can SAFELY mount on my 2000 v6 4x4 merc mountainee
- is there a heater door that stops the A/C air from blowing through or fuse out.
- Frnt tires hopping after new up/lo Bjoints,rrotors/pads/shocks,had aligned,nochg
- my sunroof on my 2000 mountaineer stops and does not open all the way at once
- Rearend vibration, on jacks it spins and stops repetitively during trouble-shoot
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2000 Mercury Mountaineer Problems
A failed heater blend door or actuator can cause the temperature control for the HVAC system to stop working. A clicking sound from the dash area would commonly indicate an actuator fault. If the heater gets stuck on the hottest setting, the heater blend door may be broken requiring replacement of the heater box to repair the issue.
The rear wiper may stop working. This could be due to a rear wiper motor that has failed requiring replacement.
2000 Mercury Mountaineer Questions
Drivers side is worst,you'd think tie wasseriously out of round
it takes about 5 pushes of the button to get it all the way open
I guess I pulled it too fast, didn't make it half way out before it stopped short, then clicked on the retract. I haven't done anything about it yet, it happened last night. I can't drive now! :( how do I fix it without having to take it anywhere? THANKS!!!
2000 Mercury Mountaineer Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1998-2002 Explorer, Explorer Sport Trac, and Mercury Mountaineer vehicles for an issue with the driver's seat recliner mechanism. The upper bolt that attaches the recliner mechanism to the seat back frame could fracture. If this happens, the seat back could fall backward and disrupt the driver, possibly causing an accident. Dealers will replace the upper bolt and, on some vehicles, replace a lower bolt as well.
Ford has recalled certain 1999-2001 Explorer, Explorer Sport Trac, and Mercury Mountaineer vehicles for a possible binding speed control cable. If the cable binds, throttle return could be affected, causing a sticking accelerator. Dealers will inspect the cable and replace it if necessary.
2000 Mercury Mountaineer Reviews
We bought this 2000 Mercury Mountaineer V6 brand new. It has 73000 original miles. We had some trouble with the radio over the years and it has been replaced twice free of charge. Had to replace radiator at 64000 miles. Overall we have been extremely satisfied.
Original owner of 2000 Mercury Mountaineer with Monterey trim (clone to Ford Explorer Eddie Buaer model. Overall, we've been pleased with SUV - however it goes through front brakes about every 2 years and AC performance has been spotty of late. We have the 5.0 L V-8 engine and average 16 mpg around town and 22+ mpg on long trips. The Mountaineer is built on truck platform so ride is a bit stiff...
I have the Lenendary 2000 mercury mountaineer.I have 125000 on this thing. It just dont quit.This is my old truck , i have a new one .But i just love this thing going to keep it.only thing that goes out on them is the light in the radio, and it did.Its a all wheel dr. with a 302 v8 . ill fix the raido and it will be like new again.always kept in the garage and oil changed ever 3000 miles.My Mec...