1999 Mercury Mountaineer Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mercury Mountaineer
- can i remove the front power take off and u-joints without effecting handling of
- how to repair code po172 175 1999 mercury mountaineer v8
- I'm not getting any power on my take off I reach 2 and a half rpm at take off
- I have interior lights & headlights. No lights on dash, overhead & tail
- My seat has anchor straps. But their isn't latch anywhere that I can see?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
1999 Mercury Mountaineer Problems
A failed heater blend door or actuator can cause the temperature control for the HVAC system to stop working. A clicking sound from the dash area would commonly indicate an actuator fault. If the heater gets stuck on the hottest setting, the heater blend door may be broken requiring replacement of the heater box to repair the issue.
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
The rear wiper may stop working. This could be due to a rear wiper motor that has failed requiring replacement.
1999 Mercury Mountaineer Questions
And it hesitate at about 50mph. Your help is needed and appreciated. May Good bless
1999 Mercury Mountaineer Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1998-2002 Explorer, Explorer Sport Trac, and Mercury Mountaineer vehicles for an issue with the driver's seat recliner mechanism. The upper bolt that attaches the recliner mechanism to the seat back frame could fracture. If this happens, the seat back could fall backward and disrupt the driver, possibly causing an accident. Dealers will replace the upper bolt and, on some vehicles, replace a lower bolt as well.
Ford has recalled certain 1999-2001 Explorer, Explorer Sport Trac, and Mercury Mountaineer vehicles for a possible binding speed control cable. If the cable binds, throttle return could be affected, causing a sticking accelerator. Dealers will inspect the cable and replace it if necessary.
1999 Mercury Mountaineer Reviews
I bought my 1999 Mercury Mountaineer with 52000 miles in 2003. I currently have 245,700 miles on the vehicle. It has the original water pump and alternator. I've replaced the brakes on it, the A/C Compressor clutch and oh yeah the A/C has never had to be recharged! Almost unheard of these days! I've pulled a 28 foot travel trailer with this vehicle coming from Georgia up through the mountains a...
i have a 19199 merc mountaineer right after i payed it off the revers went out its a 2 wheel drive automatic and im not shur what is wrong with it if any one has a idea on what the problem is please e-mail me @ firstname.lastname@example.org thanks .