2006 Mercury Monterey Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Mercury Monterey
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2006 Mercury Monterey Problems
On higher mileage vehicles, one or more EGR orifice in the intake manifold may plug with sludge. This can cause the engine to misfire when first accelerating because too much exhaust gas is directed into the cylinders where the orifice is not plugged. Cleaning the clogged passages should correct this concern.
2006 Mercury Monterey Questions
Light has come on less since weather got colder, flashing and sputtering 1st time yesterday. No diagnostic code
The liftgate power button inside nor the key button will activate the lift gate. The interior light does not go out after is turned off, draining battery.
How do you remove the cruise control switches on the steering wheel. I have the necessary skills, I don't have the repair manual providing the step by step proceedure.
2006 Mercury Monterey Recalls
The third row seat can experience rust at the seat anchor mechanism mounted to each rear wheel well. As a result, the seat may not fully latch into its seating position. If the vehicle is hit from the rear, an unlatched seat may increase the risk of injury. Dealers will install new third row seat latch striker mounting brackets to correct this concern.
The power liftgate motor disengages automatically after the liftgate is powered open, and the liftgate may fall unexpectedly if the liftgate strut fails. If the liftgate falls freely, anyone standing under it may be injured. Dealers will reprogram the power liftgate module to reduce the chances of the liftgate free falling. The recall began March 15, 2006. The Ford recall number is 06S42.
2006 Mercury Monterey Reviews
Information center went after 48000 miles.
Transmission went at under 100,000, well maintained. Information center went at just under 200,000, other than that normal wear and tear and many enjoyable miles.