2005 Mercury Monterey Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Mercury Monterey
- car has bad knock. some steering wheel vibration when breaking. check engine light is now on. also the car continues to cruse at a low rate of 5 or 10 miles an hour. what can I expect the repairs to be done and pricing. thank you.
- battery keeps dying & buttons in front up top that control the psd stoped workin
- I just bought a 05 mercury Monterey starts fine but sounds really sluggish
- Drivers side Damper motor removal .
- malfunctioning radio and cd player after battery replaced
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
2005 Mercury Monterey Problems
On higher mileage vehicles, one or more EGR orifice in the intake manifold may plug with sludge. This can cause the engine to misfire when first accelerating because too much exhaust gas is directed into the cylinders where the orifice is not plugged. Cleaning the clogged passages should correct this concern.
2005 Mercury Monterey Questions
i was told it was fuel pump done that and still shutting off
Trying to retrieve gift card that fell between front windshield and dashboard
When the car sets overnight and is started, there's a sound like a power steering pump that is low on fluid. It only lasts a split second. Shut it down and restart it and there's no noise at all.
2005 Mercury Monterey Recalls
The third row seat can experience rust at the seat anchor mechanism mounted to each rear wheel well. As a result, the seat may not fully latch into its seating position. If the vehicle is hit from the rear, an unlatched seat may increase the risk of injury. Dealers will install new third row seat latch striker mounting brackets to correct this concern.
On certain vehicles, the torque convertor output shaft may fail, resulting in complete loss of power to the drive wheels. This vehicle stalling condition increases the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the torque convertor to correct this concern. The Ford recall number is 11S25.
The power liftgate motor disengages automatically after the liftgate is powered open, and the liftgate may fall unexpectedly if the liftgate strut fails. If the liftgate falls freely, anyone standing under it may be injured. Dealers will reprogram the power liftgate module to reduce the chances of the liftgate free falling. The recall began March 15, 2006. The Ford recall number is 06S42.
2005 Mercury Monterey Reviews
Good solid vehicle though inferior fit and finish as compared to Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna. So far has been very good on maintenance.