2006 Mercury Montego Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Mercury Montego
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
2006 Mercury Montego Problems
The automatic transmission may develop shifting concerns. On lower mileage vehicles, upgrading the software in the powertrain control module (PCM) and the transmission control module (TCM) may correct the problem. As the mileage increases, internal transmission damage can occur. Repairs could involve replacement of the valve body or a complete transmission rebuild. Whenever major transmission repairs are made, it is important to be sure the PCM and the TCM have the latest software updates to help prevent these issues from reoccurring.
A defective electronic throttle body (ETB) can cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate and could have limited to no throttle response. Our technicians tall us that replacing the electronic throttle body will commonly correct this concern.
If the rear brakes wear out abnormally fast, this can be caused by defective rear brake pads. The rear wheels may also appear to become excessively dusty. They should be replaced with revised brake pads, and all wheel drive (AWD) vehicles should replace front brake pads as well.
2006 Mercury Montego Questions
It will not stay charge once I turn it off
Car starts but as soon as you release the key it dies. No engine light.
someone said it might be the a/c shut off switch but not sure
2006 Mercury Montego Reviews
132k on the car and engine blew up along with trans slipping as well
My wife and I own two Mercury Montego's from 2006. One has 107,000 miles the other 72,000 miles. The only problems we had was seat heat sensor and air conditioner compressor. These cars both Premier awd have been the best cars we ever had. I wish they would make them again.