2008 Mercury Milan Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Mercury Milan
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2008 Mercury Milan Problems
Squeaks and creaks heard while driving over bumps and turning can be caused be a couple common sources and should be carefully diagnosed. Possible weld issues on the lower control arms can cause the noise concerns and require repair kits for the lower control arms from Ford. A jounce bumper (bump stop) rubbing against dry strut plate can cause an abrasion noise from the strut area. In this case the strut assembly should be disassembled to lubricate the jounce bumper and then reinstalled.
The automatic transmission may develop shifting concerns. On lower mileage vehicles, upgrading the software in the powertrain control module (PCM) and the transmission control module (TCM) may correct the problem. As the mileage increases, internal transmission damage can occur. Repairs could involve replacement of the valve body or a complete transmission rebuild. Whenever major transmission repairs are made, it is important to be sure the PCM and the TCM have the latest software updates to help prevent these issues from reoccurring.
The electric trunk latch solenoid can get stuck in the open position making it so the trunk will not latch closed. The diagnosing technician should verify correct electrical connection at the solenoid and check for correct cable routing. The trunk latch most commonly will need to be replaced.
2008 Mercury Milan Questions
I've tried both the driver's button as well as the passenger's button. It rolls down fine, but I can't get it to roll back up.
power steering tightens or locks up while driving, very dangerous, changed the power steering pump and tigtend lines make sure there anre no leaks and fluid level is ok but still hace the same problem, called Ford and they said there are no recalls for this issue.
Catalyst converter needs replacing about how much will it cost it's been on about 9months