2010 Mercury Mariner Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 Mercury Mariner
- Cost, with labor for transmission oil cooler replacement?
- What could I expect the most expensive to fix issues to be on my 2010 Merc Mar.?
- with labor included, what would it cost for fixing the check engine light illum?
- 2010 Mariner with only 48,000 miles on it. I have rust on back wheel wells.
- I have 100K on my 2010 mariner, and the rust is bad around back wheel wells.
2010 Mercury Mariner Problems
If the transmission oil leaks out of left side half shaft area, it may be from a worn axle shaft seal. The seal can be damaged by a poor surface finish on the axle shaft. The axle shaft and seal should be replaced to correct the problem.
Looseness in the steering shaft and steering shaft coupling U-joint can cause a knocking / popping noise from the steering column when turning. The steering shaft and coupling U-joint will need to be replaced.
The transmission oil cooler may develop a leak, which will require replacement to repair.
2010 Mercury Mariner Questions
2010 Mercury Mariner Reviews
When I purchased the vechicle, I was told the everything was 100% in good working condition. The vechicle only had 32,000 miles on it. 2 days after I purchased the Mariner, I tried the front defrost switch and there was no heat whatsoever. I called the dealer and they said that they didn't know if the heater problem was covered in the warranty. I checked the heater hoses at the fire wall and b...
8 months in and so far so good. easy ride. cargo space is a bit smaller than expected. wierd fold down seating.