2009 Mercury Mariner Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Mercury Mariner
- hoe much is the labor cost to change a transmission range sensor
- What is the Electronic Throttle Body Extended Coverage Recall?
- Iam working on a 2009 mercury mariner in the back up sensor beeps 4 times then g
- I have oil in three of my four spark plugs. In two just a little bit of oil but in the third the whole plug was filled with oil were I couldn't even see the spark plug . what does this mean and is it a easy fix .
- Is anyone having premature rust on their vehicle?
2009 Mercury Mariner Problems
If the transmission oil leaks out of left side half shaft area, it may be from a worn axle shaft seal. The seal can be damaged by a poor surface finish on the axle shaft. The axle shaft and seal should be replaced to correct the problem.
Looseness in the steering shaft and steering shaft coupling U-joint can cause a knocking / popping noise from the steering column when turning. The steering shaft and coupling U-joint will need to be replaced.
The transmission oil cooler may develop a leak, which will require replacement to repair.
2009 Mercury Mariner Questions
Field Service Action #13N03
The shaking is slight and started a week ago. Power steering issue only happened twice and corrected once I turned my car off and back on.
A few months back (July) I had to replace my Fuel Pressure Sensor and now my Check Engine light is back on and giving me the SAME CODE! Why does this part keep going out? Is there something else wrong I should be fixing?
2009 Mercury Mariner Reviews
Had the mariner for 7 months now and I am really pleased with it. The V6 has plenty of pep for me and I really like the 30+ miles per gallon. I like the visibility and the head room. Tried a chevy equanaux and could not get in without bumping my head. I had a 03 mariner and it was about the same but not as good gas mileage. I think I will stick with mariners.