2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis
- Light bulb in Compass in overhead console is burnt out, how do I access?
- Having trouble with my trunk speed clicking when it opens.
- My air conditioning is not working and i checked if it was charged and it said
- my car dash board and radio lights have gone out which may mean alternator issue
- my lighter and additional plug outlet charger are not working i checked fuse box
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Problems
The engine may overheat at idle when the AC is on. A new, upgraded fan motor and resistor may be required to correct this concern.
2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Questions
Had this problem with a previous grand marquis and it quit closing. Think it is the actuator or solenoid, but not sure which is actually in this trunk. Went to the Ford place and they said I had to replace the whole trunk assembly. Does that include both?
not only are my instrument and radio illumination going off and on intermittently but my automatic door locks wont lock when i pull off. also my remote door lock wont lock or unlock my doors or pop open my trunk. now my rear defroster wont operate. is this a source of one issue or multiple issues...
the ones that were burnt out i replaced but still doesnt seem to be getting a charge from either charging outlet and ideas?
2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Recalls
The intermediate shafts connect the steering column to the steering gear. Vehicles in areas where salt is used to de-ice the roads are being recalled because severe corrosion can damage the lower intermediate steering shaft. This can cause the upper intermediate shaft to collapse and separate at the lower steering column bearing. Separation will result in complete loss of steering ability. Dealers will replace the lower intermediate steering shaft and inspect the upper intermediate shaft and steering column lower bearing for damage, they will be repaired or replaced as necessary. If the steering column lower bearing has separated, a retainer clip will be installed.
Additionally, Vehicle owners located where salt is not used who have concerns regarding their steering will have a one-time option to have their vehicles inspected and, if necessary, repaired.
Improper heat treatment of the wheel bearing and hub assembly may allow the hub to fracture. If the hub fractures, the wheel will only be retained by the brake caliper assembly. If the wheel falls off while driving, a crash could result. Dealers will inspect and replace both front wheel bearing and hub assemblies free of charge. The recall began June 22, 2007. The Ford recall number is 07S54.
2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Reviews
Have had a lot of expensive trouble with the Automatic temp controls.
A nice, comfortable car, with decent mileage. I have 50,000 miles on it, with the original brakes and tires.... only expense other than maintenance is the climate control unit had to be replaced at around $1,000, soon after it ran out of warranty. Since they don't make them anymore, I think I'll have this one till it quits.
i bought mine new in 08 and love the car,the only problem i have had was the sunvisor mirror covers broke off not long after getting the car and had a pant problem,peeled off of the header panel,but other than that i love it.i drive this car form kansas to florida every christmas and average 25 to 26.5 miles per gallon.ive had v6 cars that didnt get that on the highway.i would buy another one f...