2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis
- Why is my car overheating steam from radiator, but the thermostat rates normal?
- Defroster runs perpetually.
- Both my passenger side windows won't go up what is the layout for fuse box?
- Head lights go out unexspectedly and randomly come back on
- MY 2004 Grand Marquis check engine light came on at 40,000 miles. Related?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Problems
The car had 64600 miles on it and the headlights started going out while driving, which can be very dangerous. The problem is in the Light Control Module which is an expensive part (around $500 to $600 + labor).
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Questions
What would be the problem for the two electric windows?
When they go off i have to hold the lever on bright for then to work
Check engine light is amber and stays on.
2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Reviews
MY 2004 GRAND MARQUIS MERCURY I BOUGHT NEW WITH NO MILEAGE. NOW IN 2010, IT HAS 45,000 MILES ON IT . MY COMPLAINT: IT DRIVES LIKE IT HAS NOOOOOO POWER STEERING AT ALL AND CAUSES ME PAIN IN BOTH ROTATOR CUFFS ( REQUIRING TWO NERVE BLOCK CORTISONE SHOTS SO FAR). FINALLY, MY MECH.MGR HAS RETURNED ,SO I AM HAVING HIM CHECK OUT THE STEERING PUMP, BALL AND BEARINGS, CABLES THIS WK. THE GEARS O...
Over all it's been a god car, I've had two issues that I believe shouldn't have been & that is in the older cars if the upper ball joints went bad in either side you removed & installed what ever side needed to be repaired, not on my 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis, yo have to replace the whole upper assembly on account that the ball joint it comes welded to the upper arm, not only is it very expens...
I bought a 2004 with only 23,400 miles on. I have put on 10,000 miles and have had to replace the air ride pump at over $ 600.00. Now the power steering is no working. I have owned a number of Grand Marquis and had put many into fleet service for salesmen. I cannot believe that the Mercury Division has not stood up and recalled these vehicles to make them safe. In addition the bottom of the doo...