2000 Mercury Grand Marquis Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis
- windshield wipers will not park after using
- The battery is fully charge, all bells and lights work, but car will not start.
- Can't get heat to blow in my car don't need a heater core cause my floor not wet
- Why would an overhead light come on intermittentantly when it should be off?
- 2000 mercury grand marquise. dash lights, headlights not working???
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis Problems
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
A spring in the seat belt buckle may wear or fail, causing the airbag light on the instrument panel to illuminate. Failed buckles will require replacement.
The throttle position sensor (TPS) may fail. Common symptoms of a defective TPS can be rough idle, hard starting, hesitation on acceleration, poor fuel economy, and stalling.
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis Questions
Turn the engnition key to start and there is no noise of ant kind
The light only came on infrequently at first, but is on more often as time progresses - during the midle of the night with the door shut. I suspect that the pin switch has worn out. Is that likely? Is it something a person can purchase and repair, or is this a job for an electical shop? Thanks
I know it's not the transmission I broke something underneath the car.
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis Recalls
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis Reviews
I'm in my 50s and have owned 4 other vehicles over the past 35 years - all Dodge/Chrysler products - some of which were ordered factory new, some of which were used. I now drive 70 - 80 miles per day for work and have always liked the feel and comfort of full size sedans. When you've got kids, having 4 doors and lots of room is a must. I purchased my 2000 M GM LS in 2003 with 32,000 miles, it n...
great car ,great hwy gas milage.ive been very happy with car