1998 Mercury Grand Marquis Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis
- I haven't been able to stop the squeaking .
- my headlights and dash lights flick off and on while driving after a short time
- I have to pump the accelerator several times when motor is cold to start ..Why?
- why is my turn signal flasher irratic?
- Why do I lose acceleration when the trac control light comes on?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1998 Mercury Grand Marquis Problems
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
A spring in the seat belt buckle may wear or fail, causing the airbag light on the instrument panel to illuminate. Failed buckles will require replacement.
1998 Mercury Grand Marquis Questions
I changed the sway bar, ball joints what am I missing
when the car has been sitting cold, I have to pump the gas pedal several times for it to start .After it warms, it starts quickly without pumping. How do I correct this???
When I turn on my turn signals(either way), the flasher flashes irattically.Sometimes it's ok and then it will become irratic. Is this a problem with the control or the flasher?
1998 Mercury Grand Marquis Recalls
1998 Mercury Grand Marquis Reviews
Absolutly the best car I have ever owned. I bought it used with 22,000 miles and have owned it for 11 years. Highway milage usually exceeds 27 mpg with cruise control. Local milage averages 17 mpg. This is the LS model and has automatic temperature control that still works perfectly - and the AC system has never been recharged. I am about to decide on whether to buy another car, or just sp...
I had gotten this car from a older gentalmen and it was pretty well kept up and drivin only in town. worked great when i got it at 80K. Heres the thing i think the old man was smarter than i thought cause almost a week into owning this car i turned into a gas station and the right joint broke completly. car slamed on tire and puff theres the tires and the joint. not to mention the other damages...
GOT 2ND HAND WIFE LOVES IT