1996 Mercury Grand Marquis Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis
- What is the hose that is behind back tire drv side that looks to run into gas ta
- Turn signals and hazard warning lights do not work
- My 96 mercury will lock up when it shifts into overdrive, what's causing this?
- My front driver side seat has 2 controls. the control that moves it forward and
- car not start, no electrical indications, battery & cables ok.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1996 Mercury Grand Marquis Problems
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
A spring in the seat belt buckle may wear or fail, causing the airbag light on the instrument panel to illuminate. Failed buckles will require replacement.
The throttle position sensor (TPS) may fail. Common symptoms of a defective TPS can be rough idle, hard starting, hesitation on acceleration, poor fuel economy, and stalling.
1996 Mercury Grand Marquis Questions
backward is located on the door panel. The one that reclines the back of the seat is located on the side of the seat. Somebody reclined the back of the seat and now I can't move it upright. You can hear the motor trying but it won't budge.
sometime slight click from starter, everything dead.
A few months ago the system started to make a poping noise inside the dash like one of the control functions was in a stuck position. Noise stopped now AC will not work.
1996 Mercury Grand Marquis Recalls
1996 Mercury Grand Marquis Reviews
96 Mercury -locked in 'P' parking, when i want to change gears from park into drive i need to bump the brake and wiggle the steering wheel for the car to go into drive. this is a new problem... help if you know how to fix this problem thanks
I have had several ball joint issues with this car but other than that its a good soild vehicle.
these is my favorite car