1996 Mercury Grand Marquis Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis
- my coolant hose pooped off and was reclamped. is it empty when it sucks fluid?
- replaceing ac evaporator, can you work from engine side or go through dash.
- changing out the ac evaporator, 96 marquis,do i go through dash or under hood
- How hard is it to replace an alternator wiring harness?
- How can i change out the alternator wiring harness?
1996 Mercury Grand Marquis Problems
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
A spring in the seat belt buckle may wear or fail, causing the airbag light on the instrument panel to illuminate. Failed buckles will require replacement.
The throttle position sensor (TPS) may fail. Common symptoms of a defective TPS can be rough idle, hard starting, hesitation on acceleration, poor fuel economy, and stalling.
1996 Mercury Grand Marquis Questions
Before this happened would run but cut off stop light
1996 Mercury Grand Marquis Recalls
1996 Mercury Grand Marquis Reviews
96 Mercury -locked in 'P' parking, when i want to change gears from park into drive i need to bump the brake and wiggle the steering wheel for the car to go into drive. this is a new problem... help if you know how to fix this problem thanks
I have had several ball joint issues with this car but other than that its a good soild vehicle.
these is my favorite car