1996 Mercury Grand Marquis Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis
- CAN U TELL ME WHAT KIND OF ALTERNATOR WILL FIT IN A 96 GRAND MARQUIS
- can i use a 1998 alternator on a 1996 grand marquis or if not witch one i can us
- REQUIRES NUMEROUS ATTEMPTS OF SHIFTING FROM GEAR TO GEAR BEFORE CAR RESPONDS
- took out the injectors, and three of the injector holes were standing in fuel, i
- bad gas, flushed lines and replaced spark plugs and wires, wont start, backfire
1996 Mercury Grand Marquis Problems
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
A spring in the seat belt buckle may wear or fail, causing the airbag light on the instrument panel to illuminate. Failed buckles will require replacement.
The throttle position sensor (TPS) may fail. Common symptoms of a defective TPS can be rough idle, hard starting, hesitation on acceleration, poor fuel economy, and stalling.
1996 Mercury Grand Marquis Questions
1996 Mercury Grand Marquis Recalls
1996 Mercury Grand Marquis Reviews
96 Mercury -locked in 'P' parking, when i want to change gears from park into drive i need to bump the brake and wiggle the steering wheel for the car to go into drive. this is a new problem... help if you know how to fix this problem thanks
I have had several ball joint issues with this car but other than that its a good soild vehicle.
these is my favorite car