1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis
- Throttle Position Sensors May Fail and Cause Engine Performance Problems
- EVP Sensor Failure May Cause Drivability/Fuel Economy Issues
- Wear on rear axle shafts may cause excessive play and gear oil leaks
- Problem With Idle Air Bypass Valve May Cause Engine Performance Problems
- Intake Manifold/Valve Cover Gaskets May Leak Oil
- Have 1986 Grand Marquis and needs tranmission. Can an newer year trans fit it?
- 1990 Marquis acts like dead battery.Replaced batt & solenoid. No change
- Grand Marquis wont shut off
- How do I remove the oxygen sensor on the passenger side of the engine
- Oil and check engine light comes on periodically when driving
1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Problems
The throttle position sensor (TPS) may fail. Common symptoms of a defective TPS can be rough idle, hard starting, hesitation on acceleration, poor fuel economy, and stalling.
The EGR valve position (EVP) sensor can fail on this vehicle. The EVP sensor measures the EGR valve position and transmits the date to the engine control computer. If it fails, drivability and fuel economy can suffer, the Check Engine Light will commonly illuminate.gear oil leaking past the seals. Gear oil will leak onto the brake backing plate, brakes, and wheels.
1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Questions
Tried disconnecting battery & it still wouldn't shut off
Car has not been driven five minutes or more. Need to constantly place water in radiator. Check oil no oil needed. Notice some type of oil leak after car has been parked in a particular spot for over 10 mins.
they leak right off the gas pump on the gas tank evrey time the engen runs
1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Recalls
1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Reviews
I REALLY DIDNT LIKE FORD OR MERCURY BUT THIS IS MY SECOND FORD PRODUCT AND IT RIDES SO SMOOTH IT LOOKS LIKE A LINCOLN RIDES LIKE A LINCOLN HAS ALL THE BELLS AND WHISLES.
Hi i am 15 and this is my first car i paid $500.00 for it. it has a major gas and oil leak and had its tail pipe ripped off but, overall its a nice car. its got a 5.0 liter V8 in it. its extremly quiet for a V8 and with no tail pipe its still quiet. its also got ajustable air shocks. a mini air compresser kicks on when it runs. i think its for the shocks but it could also be for the vacume sys...