2002 Mercury Cougar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Mercury Cougar
- When changing the crankshaft and camshaft sensors is it necessary to time it?
- On an 2002 Mercury Cougar what make the fuel pump come on?
- I have a 2002 mercury cougar sport coupe. I want to replace the O.E.M. moon roof
- Where is the fuse on the motor located on 1999 couger
- changed radiator n thermostat. Now problems bleeding air.Thermostat sticks shut
2002 Mercury Cougar Problems
The battery light may illuminate on the instrument panel because the alternator wire harness connector is damaged. A new connector kit is available and should be installed to correct this concern.
The Check Engine Light can illuminate with codes due to the lack of EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) flow caused by the intake manifold passage plugging up with carbon and oil. The EGR valve has to be removed and the passage cleaned thoroughly. Partial restriction of this passage can cause Smog test failures for the NOx emissions without causing a drivability symptom.
2002 Mercury Cougar Questions
2002 Mercury Cougar Recalls
2002 Mercury Cougar Reviews
I am writing this review based on 5 years of use and abuse of this beautiful car. I have never had any major issues, but I will point out a few minor complaints. Exposed brakes lead to quicker than normal brake pad erosion, but that's true of all open hubs that sporty cars have. The only other points I removed were for Steering, the wheel is solid but seems to be slower/wider turning than most ...
ive had this car for five years and never had any problems. i love my mercury cougar !