2001 Mercury Cougar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Mercury Cougar
- My air bag light is on, my electric windows, wipers and turn signals won't work.
- I changed fuel pump and fuel pumps to rail but car wont stay running help
- Why does my car float all over road, wants to hydroplane or fly, uncontrollable.
- My car is making a roaring sound from tires when I drive is it the brake drum
- What will happen if u don't fix your wheel bearing over time?
2001 Mercury Cougar Problems
The battery light may illuminate on the instrument panel because the alternator wire harness connector is damaged. A new connector kit is available and should be installed to correct this concern.
The Check Engine Light can illuminate with codes due to the lack of EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) flow caused by the intake manifold passage plugging up with carbon and oil. The EGR valve has to be removed and the passage cleaned thoroughly. Partial restriction of this passage can cause Smog test failures for the NOx emissions without causing a drivability symptom.
2001 Mercury Cougar Questions
I already checked all the fuses and the battery and alternator, everything is good. I also placed it on the computer and no codes are coming up. Anyone know what is wrong?
When I drive it seems like a roaring noise is coming from the tires and the guy I bought it from said it could be easily fixed by replacing the brake drum ..would that fix it or is that not even what's wrong with it?
2001 Mercury Cougar Recalls
2001 Mercury Cougar Reviews
I love my Cougar!I have owned 4 cars and 3 of them have been Cougars.I currently own a 2001 Cougar.Its got almost 60,000 miles and have changed 1 fuel sensor so far besides normal maitenance.Very dependable and sharp.I get tons of compliments on it.
About the worst car I have ever owned
cool car handles great!