2001 Mercury Cougar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Mercury Cougar
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2001 Mercury Cougar Problems
The battery light may illuminate on the instrument panel because the alternator wire harness connector is damaged. A new connector kit is available and should be installed to correct this concern.
The Check Engine Light can illuminate with codes due to the lack of EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) flow caused by the intake manifold passage plugging up with carbon and oil. The EGR valve has to be removed and the passage cleaned thoroughly. Partial restriction of this passage can cause Smog test failures for the NOx emissions without causing a drivability symptom.
2001 Mercury Cougar Questions
2001 Mercury Cougar Recalls
2001 Mercury Cougar Reviews
I love my Cougar!I have owned 4 cars and 3 of them have been Cougars.I currently own a 2001 Cougar.Its got almost 60,000 miles and have changed 1 fuel sensor so far besides normal maitenance.Very dependable and sharp.I get tons of compliments on it.
About the worst car I have ever owned
cool car handles great!