1999 Mercury Cougar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mercury Cougar
- Wheniputmycaringearandreleaseclutchitdoesntdie,ormove.Adjustable or bad clutch?
- If the shop I took my car to drive it off the lift are they liable for the damage. After I left the alignment place my car started making a weird noise when I turned took it back and it was the ctrl arm on the front pass side also if thy brk prts do Ipay
- will not start.
- My transmission is jerking at 45 to 50 mph what is the problem?
- Step by step directions on how to replace the ABS control module?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1999 Mercury Cougar Problems
The Check Engine Light can illuminate with codes due to the lack of EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) flow caused by the intake manifold passage plugging up with carbon and oil. The EGR valve has to be removed and the passage cleaned thoroughly. Partial restriction of this passage can cause Smog test failures for the NOx emissions without causing a drivability symptom.
The Check Engine Light can illuminate with codes due to the lack of EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) flow caused. This is commonly a result of a clogged passage in the intake manifold. To correct this problem, the EGR valve has to be removed and the passage cleaned thoroughly. Partial restriction of this passage can cause smog test failures for the NOx emissions without causing a drivability symptom.
1999 Mercury Cougar Questions
the car doesnt make a noise when i do this, or vibrate. when i rev the engine, it just barley moves forward. the clutch is adjustable but im wondering if i have to replace the clutch or fix it by adjussting it
new: battery,alt.,starter,ignition module,all relays in engine compartment( battery starter alt.,fuse link wire);locksmith confirmed the (PATS)is working
I tried an O2 sensor, still jerks. Transmission fluid is full, I can't find the problem can anyone help me?
1999 Mercury Cougar Recalls
1999 Mercury Cougar Reviews
I love my car but more for it's looks than it's dependability. Since I've bought my car 2 yrs ago, I have had the transmission rebuilt, , the electrical wiring is all shorting out, the blower stopped working for heat and air, electrical short. The power windows only work sometimes- electrical short. The tail lights were shorting out also. Now, it's running hot, the cable wire to open the hood ...