1992 Mercury Cougar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Mercury Cougar
- Cant figure out whats wrong with my cougar?
- Where would be the best place to put my car for sale? My grandma gave it to me in her will. It is an unusual situation because she bought it brand new, keeped it in her garage and never drove it. It has 48miles. Not 4800, not 48000, just 48 miles.
- how much transmission fluid does the automatic trans. hold?
- where to find the right hand lock relay
- What would it cost to rebuild the ABS system and install?
1992 Mercury Cougar Problems
The battery light may illuminate on the instrument panel because the alternator wire harness connector is damaged. A new connector kit is available and should be installed to correct this concern.
White smoke coming from the exhaust could indicate that a head gasket has blown or there is a cracked cylinder head. Our technicians tell us that removal and inspection of the cylinder heads will be required to confirm a crack is present.
1992 Mercury Cougar Questions
i have a 92 mercury cougar, an im tryin to find out where the right hand lock relay is, please help
I could drive for about 30 -40 minutes without a problem, then withoy warning the brakes will not hold. I would have to exert a lot pressure on the brake pedal. I then have to keep a far enough to safely stop the car. This would happen several times until I got home safely.
Attempting to install the ribbed belt. I have the alternator loosened up,but the belt is still 1/2 inch shart. WHat else do I need to loosen