1992 Mercury Cougar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Mercury Cougar
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1992 Mercury Cougar Problems
The battery light may illuminate on the instrument panel because the alternator wire harness connector is damaged. A new connector kit is available and should be installed to correct this concern.
White smoke coming from the exhaust could indicate that a head gasket has blown or there is a cracked cylinder head. Our technicians tell us that removal and inspection of the cylinder heads will be required to confirm a crack is present.
1992 Mercury Cougar Questions
i have a 92 mercury cougar, an im tryin to find out where the right hand lock relay is, please help
I could drive for about 30 -40 minutes without a problem, then withoy warning the brakes will not hold. I would have to exert a lot pressure on the brake pedal. I then have to keep a far enough to safely stop the car. This would happen several times until I got home safely.
Attempting to install the ribbed belt. I have the alternator loosened up,but the belt is still 1/2 inch shart. WHat else do I need to loosen