1991 Mercury Cougar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Mercury Cougar
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1991 Mercury Cougar Problems
The battery light may illuminate on the instrument panel because the alternator wire harness connector is damaged. A new connector kit is available and should be installed to correct this concern.
White smoke coming from the exhaust could indicate that a head gasket has blown or there is a cracked cylinder head. Our technicians tell us that removal and inspection of the cylinder heads will be required to confirm a crack is present.
While steering, if you hear a clunk or a rattle, or if you experience premature tire wear, this could indicate the inner tie rod ends are loose or worn and will require replacement.
1991 Mercury Cougar Questions
I just replaced the headlight assemblies, how do I adjust the aim for the headlights?
check engine light
Why isn't my mercury keeping a charge? have changed the postive batter cable and checked all lights to make sure notheing is on, What can you suggest to do next
1991 Mercury Cougar Recalls
1991 Mercury Cougar Reviews
This is my second Cougar (my daughter totalled my first), and I will never drive anything else. With all the talk of ergonomic design in the new cars (upwards of $30,000), they could all take a design lesson from the cabin of the amazing Cougar!!! Looking forward to someday owning the 30th Anniversary Edition.
My dad was the second owner. I bought it from him at about 85,000 miles. The doors are long and heavy and after many years, they will sag. I have shimmed mine up and everything is fine. Brakes are good, but mine only has drums on back. It has the 3.8L and I replaced the head gasket twice by 150,000. Ford's 3.8L had a head gasket problem no matter what they were in. I finally replaced it ...