1990 Mercury Cougar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Mercury Cougar
- I have a 1988 cougar that stalls or won't start when the engine is hot.
- My headlights are flickering off and then back on. Is it a manual switch problem
- have a 02 mountaineer was in wreck recently
- i have a 1990 mercury cougar its having a weird issue
- ive got a 1969 cougar im converting ignition switch with a 1973 ford truck how d
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1990 Mercury Cougar Problems
The battery light may illuminate on the instrument panel because the alternator wire harness connector is damaged. A new connector kit is available and should be installed to correct this concern.
White smoke coming from the exhaust could indicate that a head gasket has blown or there is a cracked cylinder head. Our technicians tell us that removal and inspection of the cylinder heads will be required to confirm a crack is present.
While steering, if you hear a clunk or a rattle, or if you experience premature tire wear, this could indicate the inner tie rod ends are loose or worn and will require replacement.
1990 Mercury Cougar Questions
I know the Distributor mounted TFI causes this, But the TFI is mounted on the radiator on the 1988. What can cause this problem?
Sometimes they come right back on. Other times they stay off while my headlight switch is in the on position. Could it be a fualty switch?
was hit right rear near gas tank has now little to no power cant get above 15 mph what could have caused this have a 4.6 engine
most damage in that area (this lagging started today