1993 Mercury Capri Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Mercury Capri
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1993 Mercury Capri Problems
An alternator pulley, of the incorrect size, installed at the factory can be the cause of drive belt failure and illumination of the battery light. The alternator pulley should be inspected and replaced as necessary if the drive belt brakes. When the new belt installed, it must be adjusted to the proper tension.
Fitment and deterioration of weatherstripping on mating surfaces of the convertible top can cause water to leak in the interior. The contour of the roof can also contribute to the leak problems. Foam can be added to bolster the contact points where leaks occur and / or the weatherstrips can be replaced where they are deformed.
Faulty material in manufacturing could cause the inside door pull handle to break. Both handles should be replaced.
1993 Mercury Capri Questions
The belt keeps snapping...it looks like the alternator pulley is not properly aligned.
my 93 merc capri wouldnt start, somebody told me to press the reset button in the trunk.I did now it wont even turn over..PLEASE HELP!!