1992 Mercury Capri Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Mercury Capri
- where is the data port located, or is there some other way to check for codes
- Car cranks. Try to start but won't. Like not getting gas. Wheres the pump locate
- what is the color of the wires for the maf/iat sensor for a 1992 Mercury capri.
- Where is the speed sensor located on automatic transmission with factory cruise?
- the automatic transmission does not shift, why?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1992 Mercury Capri Problems
An alternator pulley, of the incorrect size, installed at the factory can be the cause of drive belt failure and illumination of the battery light. The alternator pulley should be inspected and replaced as necessary if the drive belt brakes. When the new belt installed, it must be adjusted to the proper tension.
Fitment and deterioration of weatherstripping on mating surfaces of the convertible top can cause water to leak in the interior. The contour of the roof can also contribute to the leak problems. Foam can be added to bolster the contact points where leaks occur and / or the weatherstrips can be replaced where they are deformed.
Faulty material in manufacturing could cause the inside door pull handle to break. Both handles should be replaced.
1992 Mercury Capri Questions
when the car is in gear it starts moving but the transmission will not shift
can u bring it forward a little to close gap?
wont start but will turn over and over
1992 Mercury Capri Recalls
1992 Mercury Capri Reviews
A fun car. Not a lot of power/pick up on the lower end engine. Soft top has a bunch of leaks, but otherwise simple design and solid construction. No real mechanical trouble
got a 92 non turbo only 100hp makes it a little slow but it shifts nice runs good too, 18 years old and the body is amazing condition, downfall is the top was worn out pretty badly but they are kinda cheap to the most part. most defenently worth getting one if you find one. I only payed $800 for a good condition car with only 78,000 miles on it. deal so far.