1991 Mercury Capri Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Mercury Capri
- how do you get the puller from the belts off?
- Cranks good but won't start
- my car starts fine . very low idle and it stuters when i accelerate through all
- i did this already. airbag light continually blinks, failed va inspection. local ford dealership does not have proper testing equipment to do electronic ck. any ideas?
- airbag light blinks on/off, failed va inspection. what to do.
1991 Mercury Capri Problems
An alternator pulley, of the incorrect size, installed at the factory can be the cause of drive belt failure and illumination of the battery light. The alternator pulley should be inspected and replaced as necessary if the drive belt brakes. When the new belt installed, it must be adjusted to the proper tension.
Faulty material in manufacturing could cause the inside door pull handle to break. Both handles should be replaced.
Fitment and deterioration of weatherstripping on mating surfaces of the convertible top can cause water to leak in the interior. The contour of the roof can also contribute to the leak problems. Foam can be added to bolster the contact points where leaks occur and / or the weatherstrips can be replaced where they are deformed.
1991 Mercury Capri Questions
gears , sometimes it dies at stop signs please help
im using an impact wrench, still cant get puller off
The car idles fine, runs well on level ground at constant speed, but when I need more acceleration, such as going up a hill or accelerating quickly, it shudders and lurches forward, and I can't get enough power. One friend suggested either engine mounts or clogged injectors.
1991 Mercury Capri Recalls
1991 Mercury Capri Reviews
good car to drive good on gas and fun to drive on the weekend let the top down and drive on the hot sun good for short trip to the beach.