2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG Problems
Vehicles equipped with a 7-speed automatic transmission may develop a rough shifting condition, most commonly going up from first to second gear and going down from third to second or second to first gear. Our technicians tell us this is due to an internal component failure. Mercedes has released updated parts; the transmission will need to be removed and disassembled to complete the necessary repairs.Oil may leak from an inspection cover on the front of the engine. Updated parts are available.
High mileage or older vehicles commonly develop leaks from the differential seals and/or cover. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit whenever these leaks are repaired.
2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG Questions
It has been regularly serviced by a main dealer - should this have been picked up
2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG Recalls
There is a faulty software calibration that affects several areas including shutting off the fuel supply in a collision. This could cause a fire hazard during an accident. Dealers will reprogram this software. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 070001. This recall began during August, 2008.