2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK32 AMG Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK32 AMG
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Bad Spark Plug Wires/Ignition Coils May Cause Misfires and Possible CEL
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Leaks Develop at Differential Seals/Cover on High Mileage/Older Vehicles
2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK32 AMG Problems
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
Failed spark plug wires and/or ignition coils can cause intermittent misfires (rough running); the Check Engine Light may also illuminate. Diagnoses of the ignition system will be necessary to determine which components are at fault.
The crankshaft position sensor may fail. Symptoms of this are: The engine will crank—but not start—especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance. Communicating these specific symptoms to your technician can save diagnostic time.
2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK32 AMG Questions
After replacing the battery,
the front power windows do not work,
the top will not go up,
the turn signals do not work,
the wipers do not work,
and the doors will not lock.
Pulley and drive belts are noisey when the car idles; how often (at what mileage does the drive belt tensioner pulley have problems; whats the average for this vehicle)? Whats involved to replace/repair DriveBelt Tensioner Pulley on MB SLK32 AMG; how much is avg cost to repair/replace?