2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK280 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK280
- Where is the OBD plug for 2007 280slk?
- from stop; transmission shifted from 2nd to 7th gear
- driver side back window does not retract when top goes down. What is the fix?
- are O2 sensors covered under the warrantee on a 2007 280slk?
- I started the engine and a big puff of blue smoke appeared. It only happened once.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK280 Problems
The camshaft adjuster solenoid (which is related to the variable valve timing system) may fail or timing chain/balance shaft components may wear, resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light and various drivability issues. Mercedes-Benz has released a service bulletin outlining specific repair instructions depending on fault codes stored.
Vehicles equipped with a 7-speed automatic transmission may develop a rough shifting condition, most commonly going up from first to second gear and going down from third to second or second to first gear. Our technicians tell us this is due to an internal component failure. Mercedes has released updated parts; the transmission will need to be removed and disassembled to complete the necessary repairs.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK280 Questions
I have an OBD receiver available
what would cause a big puff of blue smoke when starting the engine after sitting over night, it only happened once.!!
how do I replace the 2 engine air filters?
2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK280 Reviews
This is my third Mercedes, second from new...it is by far the best one I have owned. 1st, 300SD, 2nd, C230w and now my SLK. It gathers longing looks everywhere...Caddilac owners drool and BMW drivers trade theirs in for a Mercedes after talking to me...gotta love it....& I do...yes, I do...