2005 Mercedes-Benz SL600 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Mercedes-Benz SL600
- Rough Running Motor/Lack of Power Due to Coil Pack/Ignition Module Failure
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- Check brakes if sensotronic brake control (SBC) light comes on
- Active Body Control System Can Leak Hydraulic Fluid
- Front thrust arm and control arm bushing can crack or tear
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
2005 Mercedes-Benz SL600 Problems
Engine misfires (rough running) and lack of power are commonly caused by ignition coil pack or ignition module faults. Proper diagnoses should isolate the cause and prevent unnecessary replacement of good parts.
The electrical connector at the automatic transmission may leak fluid. Over time leaking fluid could migrate through the wiring harness and damage the transmission control module. If that happens a new harness and control module may be necessary to correct the problem.
This vehicle has sensotronic brake control (SBC). If the SBC light on the dash illuminates, have the brakes checked. If the SBC is not working, limited brake pressure is delivered to the front brakes, increasing the distance it takes to stop. The SBC hydraulic unit has a specific service life programmed into the control module. Follow the manufacturer's recommended service procedure for proper maintenance of the SBC.
2005 Mercedes-Benz SL600 Questions
From time to time right after starting, the engine begins mis-firing and the check engine light comes on. I took to local Mercedes dealership and their equipment showed a mis fire on 1, 4, and 5. We replaced the plugs and a few days later the problem has returned. If I turn the vehicle off and im...
What is the recommended interval for the timing belt
2005 Mercedes-Benz SL600 Recalls
Due to deterioration of the wiring harness connection or failure of the hydraulic pump, the sensotronic brake control (SBC) system may default to the hydraulic back-up mode. In the back-up mode, the driver has braking power sufficient to stop the vehicle, but greater brake pedal pressure is required and brake pedal travel will be noticeably longer. Dealers will install a bracket and replacement ground wire to the SBC pump unit on all affected vehicles. Additionally, dealers will inspect and replace the SSC pump unit in certain SL models. The Mercedes-Benz recall numbers are 2005070007 AND 2005110001.
2005 Mercedes-Benz SL600 Reviews
This is just a car with problems. Very power full, yet simple stuff don't work properly. ABC for one. A/C takes a long time to cool off a small cabin. I've a big SUV and considering the size of the cabin it does a much better job cooling. Strange noises heard when the car is cold, gone when the car is warm.
JUNK...Any Sl600, SL65, Sl55 under the year 2009 per the dealership. I was told if you purchase any of these nightmaeres (which I DID) be p0repard to put in an additional $20k, of which I'm at the half-way mark in less than a year. Love Mercedes, hate their Junk. Stop BETA-TESTING on the public; and charging us for it!!!!!