1996 Mercedes-Benz SL600 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mercedes-Benz SL600
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
1996 Mercedes-Benz SL600 Problems
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
The brakes may begin to squeak at about the 50 percent wear point. This is due to the size and material used for the brake pads and rotors. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge. This will generally require replacement of the rotors when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
1996 Mercedes-Benz SL600 Questions
The passenger window should go down a slight amount when the door handle is used; the window should return to the full up position when the door is closed. The driver side works normally, but the passenger side works correctly only a small percentage of the time. The electric window switch works ...
engine hard to start and sputters while running
it was running very good then just stopped running have 1/2 tank of gas then just stopped i checked the gas coming out of the fuel filter in the back of the car underit there is no fuel coming out of it when the key is on just no fuel coming out. I thin it is a relay where is it.