2007 Mercedes-Benz SL550 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Mercedes-Benz SL550
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2007 Mercedes-Benz SL550 Problems
The active body control system can leak fluid from numerous areas, including the tandem pump, hydraulic lines, struts, and/or seals. If it is not repaired, the vehicle ride height could drop too low and cause damage to the undercarriage.
Leaks in the pneumatic system will cause problems with the dynamic seats and the trunk and/or door closing assist.
The camshaft adjuster solenoid (which is related to the variable valve timing system) may fail or timing chain/balance shaft components may wear, resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light and various drivability issues. Mercedes-Benz has released a service bulletin outlining specific repair instructions depending on fault codes stored.
2007 Mercedes-Benz SL550 Questions
Every now and then upon start up it stays in 1st gear. Have to stop, It does shift down but not up and disengages upon stoping and restart fixes the condition.
Recently it got stuck in about 5th gear. It does shift down but not up and disengages upon stoping and restart fixes the condition.
Why does it need to be replaced in order to trace further electrical problems. Should it cost $700 to replace?
2007 Mercedes-Benz SL550 Reviews
I love mine...It's the best car ever!!!
I purchased the SL in 2010, it had 10,400 miles on it. It now has just over 31,000 miles on the odometer. About 6 months ago a valve in the suspension malfunctioned. The extended warranty covered the valve replacement but I ended up paying $600 for fluid replacement. A month ago a hydraulic line in the suspension broke spraying fluid every where. A sensor periodically malfunctions displayi...
Great driving car. Best convertable yet