2006 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG
- Active Body Control System Can Leak Hydraulic Fluid
- Pneumatic System Leaks May Cause Problems With Seats, Trunk, and Doors
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Front Thrust Arm and Control Arm Bushing Can Crack or Tear
- Wear causes noise at vario roof seals on high mileage vehicles
2006 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG Problems
The active body control system can leak fluid from numerous areas, including the tandem pump, hydraulic lines, struts, and/or seals. If it is not repaired, the vehicle ride height could drop too low and cause damage to the undercarriage.
Leaks in the pneumatic system will cause problems with the dynamic seats and the trunk and/or door closing assist.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
2006 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG Questions
Recently got into a car accident and need to reset the comp. but there is a problem coz i am out of gas but the gas cap is locked. How to manually open the gas cap ?
2006 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG Recalls
There is a faulty software calibration that affects several areas including shutting off the fuel supply in a collision. This could cause a fire hazard during an accident. Dealers will reprogram this software. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 070001. This recall began during August, 2008.