2004 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG
- Active Body Control System Can Leak Hydraulic Fluid
- Pneumatic System Leaks May Cause Problems With Seats, Trunk, and Doors
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Front Thrust Arm and Control Arm Bushing Can Crack or Tear
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2004 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG Problems
The active body control system can leak fluid from numerous areas, including the tandem pump, hydraulic lines, struts, and/or seals. If it is not repaired, the vehicle ride height could drop too low and cause damage to the undercarriage.
Leaks in the pneumatic system will cause problems with the dynamic seats and the trunk and/or door closing assist.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
2004 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG Questions
Valencia Mercedes said it was the fan motor they removed and replaced and the problemis still there .They seen confused on how to fix it
When I put the car in gear it said trunk open tried everything it openes normal and shuts normal but doesn't quite completely shut help
When I put the car in reverse I hear a short high pitch sqweeling sound in the front passenger side of the car. What is that and how much to fix? OR is it nothing???
2004 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG Recalls
There is a faulty software calibration that affects several areas including shutting off the fuel supply in a collision. This could cause a fire hazard during an accident. Dealers will reprogram this software. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 070001. This recall began during August, 2008.
Due to deterioration of the wiring harness connection or failure of the hydraulic pump, the sensotronic brake control (SBC) system may default to the hydraulic back-up mode. In the back-up mode, the driver has braking power sufficient to stop the vehicle, but greater brake pedal pressure is required and brake pedal travel will be noticeably longer. Dealers will install a bracket and replacement ground wire to the SBC pump unit on all affected vehicles. Additionally, dealers will inspect and replace the SSC pump unit in certain SL models. The Mercedes-Benz recall numbers are 2005070007 AND 2005110001.
High mileage combined with a high number of brake actuations, or a high brake actuation frequency, can cause the pump motor of the SBC to run out of permissible tolerances. As a result, excessively high pressure may build the high pressure line of the brake system. If this occurs, the system will switch into the hydraulic function mode as designed. Sensotronic brake control is disabled when the brake system is functioning in the hydraulic mode. Dealers will inspect the SBC hydraulic unit and replace it if necessary to correct this concern. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2004 050014.
2004 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG Reviews
Great car. MB need to do more R@D on the suspention. Have had to replace the supention flud pump with 90,000 miles on car. 3800.00. And has a gear shift lock out problem that will not let you shift the car out of park, 1200.00. You wold expect a car that cost that much to live up to the MB reputation for relibinlty.
I can't stop smiling. UNMATCHED beauty and performance. Several people have complimented me once, twice then a third time on how beautiful this car is. I agree. Undoubtedly destined to become a classic, this car is as docile as a kitten until called upon to perform. Then it becomes a well controlled beastly powerful driving machine! The transition is pure magic. Son - park your motorbike. Yo...