2005 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Mercedes-Benz SL500
- why would the automatic transmission get stuck in first gear occasionally?
- Can I replace the battery in the trunk of my SL500 by mself?
- When I turned my car on today, I noticed that the ABC light was on and none of
- When I turn the car off there is a soft vacuum noise under the hood, problem?
- How much to replace catalytic converters? Will it harm car to drive until replac
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2005 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Problems
The active body control system can leak fluid from numerous areas, including the tandem pump, hydraulic lines, struts, and/or seals. If it is not repaired, the vehicle ride height could drop too low and cause damage to the undercarriage.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
Leaks may develop from the differential cover and/or seals on high mileage or older vehicles. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit if these leaks are addressed.
2005 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Questions
the other instrument functions were available. I also noticed a knocking noise coming from under the engine, it sounds almost like a woodpecker
The vacuum noise is quiet and last for maybe 2min, but I'm concerned, please help? Thanks
I was told my two catalytic converters were inefficient and needed replaced. I was quoted $1885. Is this normal? Will it hurt my car to drive it until I can get them replaced? i.e., burn out sensors or damage transmission? My engine light came on two days after I ran out of fuel and IMAP put ...
2005 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Recalls
Due to deterioration of the wiring harness connection or failure of the hydraulic pump, the sensotronic brake control (SBC) system may default to the hydraulic back-up mode. In the back-up mode, the driver has braking power sufficient to stop the vehicle, but greater brake pedal pressure is required and brake pedal travel will be noticeably longer. Dealers will install a bracket and replacement ground wire to the SBC pump unit on all affected vehicles. Additionally, dealers will inspect and replace the SSC pump unit in certain SL models. The Mercedes-Benz recall numbers are 2005070007 AND 2005110001.
2005 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Reviews
I have 55K miles on the car and am the original owner. I get an average of 24 MPG in the city and 30 MPG on the highway. The car is wonderful and fun to drive. I have every bell and whistle you can imagine, including the laser cruise control (which I use all the time). Less than two weeks ago I was taking a short road trip and the transmission went out on the car – we’ll see if the car stil...