2001 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Mercedes-Benz SL500
- Replaced my alternator. In doing so I disconnected the sensor arm.
- Where is the computer plug located for scanning for codes?
- When I turn on my headlamps on they tend to go on & off? What would cause this?
- what would cause my 2001 sl500 not to start after it been driven for 2 miles
- does that year have an internal anti theft device that wont allow car to start
2001 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Problems
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
Leaks may develop from the differential cover and/or seals on high mileage or older vehicles. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit if these leaks are addressed.
2001 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Questions
The car seems to be in good condition. The current owner has had the car for the last 9 years and said he hasn't had any problems with it so far.
What kind of problems are common with this car and what kind of things can I look forward to? The car has 88k miles on it.
Would you recomme...
I can get them turn back on if I'm lucky wiggling the switch, inwhich is actually not loose. I do have a side rear taillight out it's a reach but with that cause it to do anything like that, seems to me to be a loose wire I don't know?
my mechanic told me that year has a internal system that even with the key the car will not start if it thinks its being stolen?