2000 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Mercedes-Benz SL500
- how I manually lock the hard top in place at rear ? I can do the front ok
- Coolant and Oil Temp guages not working - Has anyone expierenced this failure
- How to replace rear shocks
- Mercedes 500sl tow alarm keeps going off. (siren). Is it ok just to disconnect?
- leaking fluid @ visor, how can this be repaired.what is a fair price to pay
2000 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Problems
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
Leaks may develop from the differential cover and/or seals on high mileage or older vehicles. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit if these leaks are addressed.
2000 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Questions
this leaks when top is raise.
Leaking by visor drivers side, but cannot find schematic of the system, don't even know where to fill it.
This is about the rag top hydraulics.
how do I replace the bulb behind the gas gauge