2000 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Mercedes-Benz SL500
- what type and brand of oil is the best for it?
- there is a warning indicating oil high...does it means that it needs oil change.
- Will an 18x8 wheel off a 98 500sl fit a 2000 Mercedes Benz 500sl
- does my car have both a crankshaft and camshaft sensor?
- how I manually lock the hard top in place at rear ? I can do the front ok
2000 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Problems
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
Leaks may develop from the differential cover and/or seals on high mileage or older vehicles. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit if these leaks are addressed.
2000 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Questions
it just happen yesterday....
I have located the camshaft sensor but not the crankshaft sensor.