1999 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mercedes-Benz SL500
- cannot open centre console glove box...help!!!!
- new battery...all instruments working...nothing on start...no solenoid..nothing other than hum from relay...help!!!!!
- what causes transmission fluid to appear INSIDE the car, right side under carpet
- what fuse controls the fan for the air conditioning and heat
- How to repair auto function of windows when doors are opened and closed
1999 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Problems
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
Leaks may develop from the differential cover and/or seals on high mileage or older vehicles. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit if these leaks are addressed.
1999 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Questions
cannot open centre console box to get my manual..also code message on radio because battery died...have new one but no code...help!!!
1999 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Reviews
I love everything about this car. It is a sports car but with a little more room. The ride could be a little smoother, but I think if you have the right tires the ride becomes better. I really like the turning radius and for being a convertible it is pretty quiet with the top up. The Bose stereo is great, I just wish it had an ipod adapter. I have had only minor problems with this car and h...
Bought this 1 1/2 yrs ago @ 83,000 mi. Now has 89,000 and is 15 yrs. old. Can't believe how in love I am with it. Everything works, nothing has gone wrong. A true head turner. Hope I didn't just jinx myself with all the accolades.