1999 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mercedes-Benz SL500
- Need instructions diagram on replacing left front Oxygen Sensor 1999 MB SL500
- My A/C stopped working today.
- I have Mercedes SL 500 ,2002....instrument panel did not show mileage number.
- What can cause a horn not to work? Fuses are good . Where is horn located ?
- ABS light on. It goes out when I turn the front wheels left and right
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Problems
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
Leaks may develop from the differential cover and/or seals on high mileage or older vehicles. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit if these leaks are addressed.
1999 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Questions
It worked yesterday, and when I turned it on today, put fan on full, and no air of any kind comes out. I have had an issue I thought where sometimes ice cold, others cold, but not ice cold. Someone said Blower Motor Control Resistor? Is this the problem? The car is 15 years old, but only 68,000 m...
Trip mileage shown...all details ..only the whole mileage is not seen there...hope can help me with that ...thnx
Have checked fuse in main box and auxilary box. Sterring wheel seems like a sound unit (cover where switch is pressed) Had trouble locating horn under hood.
1999 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Reviews
I love everything about this car. It is a sports car but with a little more room. The ride could be a little smoother, but I think if you have the right tires the ride becomes better. I really like the turning radius and for being a convertible it is pretty quiet with the top up. The Bose stereo is great, I just wish it had an ipod adapter. I have had only minor problems with this car and h...