1997 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Mercedes-Benz SL500
- convertible top lt windshield pillar locking assy will not release hydraulically
- p-1570 anti theft code. Replaced stock bose stereo with after market.Original
- starts for about 4 seconds then stalls.replaced fuel pump, filter regulator and
- is the noise coming from valvue gasket, i have a clik litle noise in my engine,
- angin timeing ... methood plz ..
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Problems
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
Leaks may develop from the differential cover and/or seals on high mileage or older vehicles. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit if these leaks are addressed.
The lower control arm bushings can wear and crack, resulting excessive movement at the control arm pivot point, leading to irregular and premature tire wear. Worn Ball joints can also cause similar tire wear symptoms. I some cases it may be necessary to replace the lower control arm, including bushings & ball joint to correct this concern.
1997 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Questions
bose was not working and now is long gone. When code is cleared it comes back instantly and will not allow the car to run. What can i do to allow ecu to allow star up and run. need help any suggestions would be much appreciated.
cam position sensor,no change.Has good spark but fuel is not continuous.Spray fuel from a bottle into the throttle body it keeps running (i know unsafe).Three days before the problem i replaced stock stereo with an after market.Stereo still works fine but car wont stay running.Also put fresh batt...
usualy when i drive in town the noise get laughter but in highway the noise stop.
1997 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Recalls
1997 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Reviews
1997 SL500 40th Anniversary Roadster. 57K miles runs great. Love the torque 347lbs. A very safe car to drive, lots of safety features. At 135mph it is as stable as 40mph. Replaced headlight wiper motor about 45K. Only expenses have been tires, battery, and regular maintenance. Very economical car to own and drive. I get 27mpg on the highway at 65mph, 18-20 in town. Maintenance is ab...
Love it.. Fast, Sleek, Low, Lots of torque and the hardtop/softtop combo is a win in any situation.
I bought this from the first owner who put a whopping 55,000 miles on it in 15 years. The biggest problem showed up after I got it home and removed the hardtop-the pillar cylinders started leaking. [Tow #1]. I had all 12 replaced and so far, so good. This was likely because the owner did not remove the hardtop and exercise the convertible top. I had another incident when the instruments d...