1996 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mercedes-Benz SL500
- How mutch coast to replace Air pump -Smoge pump -Relay
- Suddenly the button for taking off the top lit up along with the rollbar button.
- AC stops working everyday after 40 minutes. Would compressor work at all?
- How to reset parking brake?
- When traviling at a constant speed the car rpms will osolate about 150 rpms
1996 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Problems
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
Leaks may develop from the differential cover and/or seals on high mileage or older vehicles. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit if these leaks are addressed.
The lower control arm bushings can wear and crack, resulting excessive movement at the control arm pivot point, leading to irregular and premature tire wear. Worn Ball joints can also cause similar tire wear symptoms. I some cases it may be necessary to replace the lower control arm, including bushings & ball joint to correct this concern.
1996 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Questions
I have check engine Ligth Idiognotic I get code 410 it's air pump the old code
Had Freon added.
How to reset parking brake?