1996 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mercedes-Benz SL500
- Suddenly the button for taking off the top lit up along with the rollbar button.
- AC stops working everyday after 40 minutes. Would compressor work at all?
- How to reset parking brake?
- When traviling at a constant speed the car rpms will osolate about 150 rpms
- I replaced the altenator. Can this be a wire harness problem?
1996 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Problems
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
Leaks may develop from the differential cover and/or seals on high mileage or older vehicles. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit if these leaks are addressed.
As brake fluid becomes dirty over time, it can cause a failure of the anti-lock brake system (ABS) modulator assembly. Our technicians recommend a complete brake system flush every two years to help prevent this issue.
1996 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Questions
Had Freon added.
How to reset parking brake?
The altenator warning light goes on and off. I replaced the altenator two times,and still have the same problem.
Both altenators checked out to be good.
Do you think the wire harness would cause this?