1995 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1995 Mercedes-Benz SL500
- the battery is on but the car keep starting could that be the alternator?
- Are these dependable and how often do they break down
- Location of crankcase sensor?
- I.needed to find someone who knows about the hydraulic fluids that operates the hard top and convertible top .my left post leaks.
- My car leaks fluid at the driver side post where the hard /soft top locks in
1995 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Problems
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
The lower control arm bushings can wear and crack, resulting excessive movement at the control arm pivot point, leading to irregular and premature tire wear. Worn Ball joints can also cause similar tire wear symptoms. I some cases it may be necessary to replace the lower control arm, including bushings & ball joint to correct this concern.
1995 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Questions
after replacing the crankcase sensor do you need to reset or check the timing?
crank sensor, 95 SL500. Price or difficulty doing it myself.