1995 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1995 Mercedes-Benz SL500
- the battery is on but the car keep starting could that be the alternator?
- Are these dependable and how often do they break down
- Location of crankcase sensor?
- I.needed to find someone who knows about the hydraulic fluids that operates the hard top and convertible top .my left post leaks.
- My car leaks fluid at the driver side post where the hard /soft top locks in
1995 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Problems
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
Leaks may develop from the differential cover and/or seals on high mileage or older vehicles. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit if these leaks are addressed.
1995 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Questions
after replacing the crankcase sensor do you need to reset or check the timing?
crank sensor, 95 SL500. Price or difficulty doing it myself.