1995 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1995 Mercedes-Benz SL500
- after you change the crankshaft position sensor do you have to reprogram.
- where is the crankshaft position sensor located on a 1995 sl 500 129 engine
- after replacing Crankshaft Position Sensor do you need to do anything else?
- Answer to leaking "Top Front Locking Cylinders" on 1995 R129SL500
- how can I manually put the convertible top up?
1995 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Problems
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
Leaks may develop from the differential cover and/or seals on high mileage or older vehicles. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit if these leaks are addressed.
1995 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Questions
after replacing the sensor now the car wont start at all
Easy DIY fix. Google "TOP HYDRAULICS". Paid $55.00 each after sending in the ones I took off. Got back a set with better seals installed and droped cylinders back in above windshield. Saved Over $1,000 dealer wanted to charge. Instructions and Video on YouTube also.
it seems that my windows are not in alignment so I can't use the automatic switch to put the top down, i called and spoke with someone in the customer service department and was talked thru how to do so. my problem is that I want to put the top back up and I don't have a clue. please help...