1996 Mercedes-Benz SL320 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mercedes-Benz SL320
- Hard/soft Tops May Develop Problems Due to Age
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Radiators Break Due to Degradation of the Plastic Tanks and Fittings
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Transmission Oil Seals May Leak on High Mileage Vehicles
1996 Mercedes-Benz SL320 Problems
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
A coolant leak may develop form the Radiator due to degradation of its plastic components. Replacement of the failed radiator will be necessary.
1996 Mercedes-Benz SL320 Questions
I have a 1996 Mercedes Benz SL-320. I "do not" have the parking break on, but the brake instrument cluster warning light comes on and when I drive there is a beeping sound. Can I disable this noice by pulling a fuse?
I am the forth owner of this car, the second owner had a diagnosis of a blown head gasket in 2001 at a mercedes dealer,but he did not have it repaired there. the car seems to run great and there are no oil leaks,in 2001 it had 60,000 miles on it today it's 73,000. I'm guessing it was repa...
Sot top Hydrolics refill