2010 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Rough Running Motor/Lack of Power Due to Coil Pack/Ignition Module Failure
- Flush Brake Fluid Every Two Years
- Cracked Driveshaft Flex Discs May Cause Driveshaft Movement/Vibration
- Leaks Develop at Differential Seals/Cover on High Mileage/Older Vehicles
2010 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG Problems
Due to the size and material used on the brakes of these vehicles, the brakes may start to squeak around the 50 percent wear point. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge of the rotor. Because of this, the rotors are usually replaced when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
Engine misfires (rough running) and lack of power are commonly caused by ignition coil pack or ignition module faults. Proper diagnoses should isolate the cause and prevent unnecessary replacement of good parts.